Friday, September 12, 2014

Bag Over My Head?

One major mistake I made years ago was trying to figure out why I crossdressed.  Over the years, I came up with many different reasons.  My mistake was that I was the person trying to determine my "why".  Because of the pleasurable nature of crossdressing, I refused to accept any non-positive reasons for my actions.  When I first started researching crossdressing, much of the information I found at that time was in "abnormal psychology" books and references. There was NO WAY I could be abnormal so I rejected any information I found there.  I should have been more objective in my thinking...

Step number one for me was to stop creating my "why" because I was using my "why" to rationalize and justify my behavior.

Step two for me was to look at my actions objectively as possible. What happens when I crossdress?  Well, I try to make myself look and act like a woman as much as possible. Okay...  In order to crossdress, I use makeup, a wig, and body padding to accomplish my goal. When finished, the more my male self is hidden, the closer I get to my goal.

A few years ago, there was a football team that played very poorly for many seasons not winning very many games.  Fans would often attend home games wearing bags over their heads.  Why?  What motivates someone to go to a football game wearing a bag over their head?  They were ashamed of their teams's poor performance.  They did not want to be recognized or associated with their team.

Crossdressing is the same thing as wearing a bag over one's head.  When a man crossdresses, he does not want to be associated with men or recognized as a male.  This is not my opinion. This is what happens... But what about....

Drag Queens - There is no question that drag queens are men.  They have to be... Otherwise, "drag" doesn't make sense.

Actors - They are identified up front as men.  The better the impersonation, the better they are acting in their role.

Think about what happens when we wear a bag over over our head, wear a mask, or crossdress.  To be continued...

4 comments:

  1. Keep the posts coming. I like hearing about your new ideas. I'm trying to be less ashamed of who I am as a man, and appreciate myself for who God made me to be, instead of wearing a mask.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I too can relate to this. I have noticed that when men are being extra tough and vulgar that I get the urge to crossdress. I can see my actions as a way of distancing myself from them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Would love to hear from you again. You sound like a wonderful person and I valve your opinion and thoughts.

    ReplyDelete

Please let me know what you think!